Is Your Child Facing A Criminal Charge in Wisconsin?

Children under the age of 17 who are charged with a criminal offense in Wisconsin are charged with juvenile delinquency, or committing a delinquent act. The consequences of a conviction of juvenile delinquency can be steep. If your child has been charged with a delinquent act, contact me, Waukesha juvenile crime defense attorney Craig Kuhary, as soon as possible.

For over two decades, I have safeguarded the rights and freedoms of juveniles. As an experienced Wisconsin criminal defense attorney, I know that these matters are serious and time-sensitive, which is why I offer legal counsel 24/7. You can rely on me to investigate and aggressively represent your child in their juvenile crime case.

Consequences Of A Juvenile Delinquency Conviction

Your child may be charged with juvenile delinquency, including:

  • Property crimes, such as shoplifting, theft or burglary
  • Simple battery (where no one is hurt)
  • Aggravated or substantial battery (where someone is hurt)
  • Sex crimes such as statutory rape (which is consensual sex with a minor)
  • Drug crimes, such as possession, drug trafficking and intent to deliver

A conviction on a drug charge would make your child ineligible for federal financial assistance for college or vocational school. As a parent, Wisconsin law may hold you liable for up to $10,000 in damages for delinquent acts committed by your child.

If your child is a first-time offender, I can seek a deferred prosecution agreement, which is handled by Human Services. Under these agreements, your child will not be charged with a crime. Your child will instead receive informal probation. After successfully completing probation, the case will be closed without your child being charged or convicted. Even if your child is not a first-time offender, there are many things I can do on your child’s behalf.

Free Consultation With A Waukesha Defense Lawyer

Professional legal counsel should be available and accessible to those facing a criminal allegation. I offer a free consultation to discuss your case and your best possible legal options from my office in Waukesha. Call me today at 262-239-7631 to find out how I can help you. You can also contact me online.